Skip to Main Content

How to access Care if you are a Sexual Assault victim in Oklahoma


Wagoner County Sheriff Chris Elliott would like to pass on some important information to citizens. If you have been sexually assaulted, you may know that you can go to a hospital emergency room for a forensic examination, sometimes known as a rape kit, to collect DNA evidence and make sure you receive appropriate care. Not every hospital has people trained to provide this service, so here is some information on where you can go to seek assistance from specially trained sexual assault nurse examiners (SANE).
SANEs help walk sexual assault victims through the process, letting them know about their rights and options while collecting evidence. Many hospitals do not have SANEs available 24/7, and some do not have them at all.
Another option, no matter what state you are in, is to call the National Sexual Assault Telephone Hotline. When you call 800-656-4673, you will be routed to a local affiliate organization based on the first six digits of your phone number. Cell phone callers have the option to enter the ZIP code of their current location to more accurately locate the nearest sexual assault service provider.
This hotline will connect you to a local affiliate where someone should be able to help you find appropriate care. Anyone affected by sexual assault, whether it happened to you or someone you care about, can find support on the National Sexual Assault Hotline. You can also visit to receive support via confidential online chat.
The following list of service providers in the State of Oklahoma that can assist you if you have been a victim of sexual assault:
ABC House - 1800 University Blvd., Durant
Alliance Health Woodward - 900 17th Street, Woodward
Carnegie Tri Co. Municipal Hospital - 102 N. Broadway St., Carnegie
Chickasaw Nation SANE - 1921 Stonecipher Blvd., Ada
Choctaw Memorial Hospital - 1405 E. Kirk Street, Hugo
Choctaw Nation Hospital - One Choctaw Way, Talihina
Duncan Regional Medical - Stephens Co. SANE - 1407 Whisenant Dr., Duncan
Family Justice Center / Unzner Center - 1902 South Gordon Cooper Dr., Shawnee
Fort Smith Crisis Intervention Center - Phone #: 800-359-0056
Grady County Memorial Hospital - 2220 Iowa Ave., Chickasha
Great Plains Regional Medical Center - 1705 W. 2nd Street, Elk City
HELP Advocacy Center of SW Oklahoma - Phone #: 580-354-7172
Help in Crisis - Northeastern Health System - 1400 E. Downing St., Tahlequah
Help in Crisis - Sequoyah Memorial Hospital - 213 East Redwood Ave., Sallisaw
Help in Crisis - Wagoner Community Hospital - 1200 W. Cherokee St., Wagoner
Help in Crisis -Memorial Hospital of Stilwell - 1401 W. Locust St., Stilwell
Hillcrest Medical Center - Tulsa - 1120 S. Utica Ave., Tulsa
Integris Grove Hospital - 1001 E. 18th Street, Grove
Integris Miami Hospital - 200 2nd Ave SW, Miami
Jackson County Memorial Hospital - 1200 E. Pecan, Altus
Jane Phillips Medical Center - 3500 SE Frank Phillips Blvd., Bartlesville
Leflore Co. Child Advocacy Network - 300 Rogers Ave., Poteau
McAlester Regional Hospital - 1 Clark Bass Blvd., McAlester
McCurtain County Memorial Hospital - 1301 Lincoln Road, Idabel
Mercy Hospital- Ada - 430 N. Monte Vista, Ada
Mercy Hospital- Ardmore - 1011 14th Ave. NW, Ardmore
Muscogee Creek Nation Medical Center/ Creek Nation Community Hospital - 1401 Morris Drive or 309 N 14th St, Okemah
Muskogee Co. Child Advocacy Ctr. Kids' Space - Phone #: 918-682-4204
Pauls Valley Hospital - 100 Valley Dr., Pauls Valley
Ray of Hope Advocacy Center - 706 E. 3rd St., Bartlesville
Sayre Memorial Hospital - 911 Hospital Dr., Sayre
Stillwater Medical Center - 1323 W. 6th Ave., Stillwater
Survivor Res. Network / Dearing House - 311 S. 13th St., Ponca City
Womens' Resource Center - 222 E. Eufaula St., Norman
YWCA - ENID SANE Program - 525 S. Quincy, Enid
YWCA SANE- MWC-SW Med-Baptist Integris - 2460 W. I-44 Service Rd, Oklahoma City
Crime Tip Hotline
Submit Via Email