Immediate Job Opportunity
Immediate Job Opportunity
The Wagoner County Sheriff's Office is accepting applications for a Courthouse Deputy Sheriff. The Wagoner County Sheriff's Office is looking for applicants who are committed to a community-oriented policing philosophy. We are interested in applicants that desire to provide quality law enforcement services to the public. Deputies are charged with protecting life and property through the enforcement of Federal and state laws. These assignments will be for a Courthouse Deputy Sheriff. More information about the position is available by contacting the sheriff's office at 918-485-3124 or in person at 307 East Cherokee Street Wagoner, OK 74467.
**DO NOT SUBMIT A FACEBOOK APPLICATION. ONLY APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED IN PERSON OR MAILED TO THE SHERIFF'S OFFICE WILL BE CONSIDERED. **
Perform duties that relate to the security and safety of judges, court staff and visitors of the Wagoner County Courthouse. Enforces Wagoner County Courthouse security procedures under the direction of the Supervisor, Security, and may perform security duties in potentially high-risk situations in guarding the safety of court personnel and the public.
TYPICAL CLASSIFICATION OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Provides a uniformed armed security presence at the public entrance and throughout the Wagoner County Courthouse during operating hours.
- Maintains a visible presence as a deterrent to those who might consider disturbing the operations or security of the courthouse.
- May be assigned to the entry security screening teams responsible for screening all persons, bags, briefcases, packages, containers, etc., entering the Courthouse.
- Addresses situations that may be or escalate to a disturbance or hazard to the courthouse.
- May serve, as directed, as a security escort or as a security presence in a variety of court situations.
- Responds to medical emergencies and renders first aid and CPR as a first responder.
- Carries and safely employs Wagoner County Sheriff's Office approved and issued firearms and/or other defensive weapons as situations dictate.
- Prepares and submits reports on security incidences.
- Prepares and submits reports from citizens that walk into the Wagoner County Courthouse and require or request a report.
- Implements emergency procedures as directed and when appropriate.
- Monitors security cameras, radios and respond to security/panic alarms.
- Maintains absolute confidentiality of work-related issues, customer records and restricted County information.
- Perform other related duties as required.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM WORK:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must be CLEET Certified Peace Officer
- Must be twenty-one years of age.
- Valid Oklahoma State Driver's License upon hire.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities is qualifying.
- Must be able to qualify and maintain defensive tactics and firearms qualification in accordance with the Wagoner County Sheriff's Office policies and procedures.
- Will be required to successfully complete a thorough background check including a psychological evaluation.
- Will be required to successfully pass a drug test.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of principles and practices of law enforcement, methods and techniques for providing safety and security, and the provisions of providing emergency services.
- Knowledge of safe and lawful handling and use of firearms and defensive weapons.
- Knowledge of defensive tactics and application of non-lethal weapons for controlling volatile situations.
- Knowledge of the usage of security equipment, courtroom procedures, and the principles and practices of building evacuation.
- Knowledge of effective customer services skills.
- Ability to make good observations, recall facts, and maintain a security awareness of the courthouse facilities.
- Ability to evaluate and respond to security problems in a swift, effective manner, and with appropriate actions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with co-workers, County employees, representatives from governmental agencies, the general public, and individuals who have business with the Wagoner County Courthouse.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions as well as communicating effectively in writing and verbally.
- Ability to operate a personal computer using Microsoft Office and some specialized security monitoring equipment.
- Ability to properly use radio communication equipment.
- Ability to perform/render First Aid and CPR methods and techniques.
- Independent body mobility to stand, walk, run, bend, and sit for prolonged periods of time and/or drive a vehicle. Manual dexterity to reach, and grasp; manual dexterity to hand write or use computer keyboard; vision sufficient to see and read; hear and speak to communicate with citizens in person and over the phone.
- The ability to communicate effectively, interrogate and interview people, discern noises that may require investigation, perform telephone and radio communication; perform surveillance, sight and shoot a firearm safely and effectively, and coordinate and conduct investigations.
- May be required to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Office/Court Setting. Will be required to work with individuals that may be resistant, antagonistic, and/or hostile.
- Medical • Dental (vision plan available, if necessary) • Life insurance • Paid sick leave • Vacation leave
- Beginning salary for Courthouse Sheriff's Deputy is $2,800.00 monthly, increasing to 3,180.00 upon completion of the 1-year probationary period. Full-time CLEET certified peace officer applicants are required.
Job application link:
- The following link will direct you to a PDF application: https: https://www.wagonercountyso.org/plugins/show_image.php?id=132