WCSO searching for courthouse Deputy
The Wagoner County Sheriff's Office is currently searching for Courthouse Deputy applicants. The job description is below.
TYPICAL CLASSIFICATION OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
• Provides a uniformed armed security presence at the public entrance and throughout the Wagoner County Courthouse during operating hours.
• Maintains a visible presence as a deterrent to those who might consider disturbing the operations or security of the courthouse.
• May be assigned to the entry security screening teams responsible for screening all persons, bags, briefcases, packages, containers, etc., entering the Courthouse.
• Addresses situations that may be or escalate to a disturbance or hazard to the courthouse.
• May serve, as directed, as a security escort or as a security presence in a variety of court situations.
• Responds to medical emergencies and renders first aid and CPR as a first responder.
• Carries and safely employs Wagoner County Sheriff's Office approved and issued firearms and/or other defensive weapons as situations dictate.
• Prepares and submits reports on security incidences.
• Prepares and submits reports from citizens that walk into the Wagoner County Courthouse and require or request a report.
• Implements emergency procedures as directed and when appropriate.
• Monitors security cameras, radios and respond to security/panic alarms.
• Maintains absolute confidentiality of work-related issues, customer records and restricted County information.
• Perform other related duties as required.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM WORK:
• High school diploma or GED equivalent.
• Must be CLEET Certified Peace Officer
• Must be twenty-one years of age.
• Valid Oklahoma State Driver's License upon hire.
• Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities is qualifying.
• Must be able to qualify and maintain defensive tactics and firearms qualification in accordance with the Wagoner County Sheriff's Office policies and procedures.
• Will be required to successfully complete a thorough background check including a psychological evaluation.
• Will be required to successfully pass a drug test.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of principles and practices of law enforcement, methods and techniques for providing safety and security, and the provisions of providing emergency services.
• Knowledge of safe and lawful handling and use of firearms and defensive weapons.
• Knowledge of defensive tactics and application of non-lethal weapons for controlling volatile situations.
• Knowledge of the usage of security equipment, courtroom procedures, and the principles and practices of building evacuation.
• Knowledge of effective customer services skills.
• Ability to make good observations, recall facts, and maintain a security awareness of the courthouse facilities.
• Ability to evaluate and respond to security problems in a swift, effective manner, and with appropriate actions.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with co-workers, County employees, representatives from governmental agencies, the general public, and individuals who have business with the Wagoner County Courthouse.
• Ability to follow written and verbal instructions as well as communicating effectively in writing and verbally.
• Ability to operate a personal computer using Microsoft Office and some specialized security monitoring equipment.
• Ability to properly use radio communication equipment.
• Ability to perform/render First Aid and CPR methods and techniques.
• Independent body mobility to stand, walk, run, bend, and sit for prolonged periods of time and/or drive a vehicle. Manual dexterity to reach, and grasp; manual dexterity to hand write or use computer keyboard; vision sufficient to see and read; hear and speak to communicate with citizens in person and over the phone.
• The ability to communicate effectively, interrogate and interview people, discern noises that may require investigation, perform telephone and radio communication; perform surveillance, sight and shoot a firearm safely and effectively, and coordinate and conduct investigations.
• May be required to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Dental (vision plan available, if necessary)
• Life insurance
• Paid sick leave
• Vacation leave
• Beginning salary for Courthouse Sheriff's Deputy is $2,800.00 monthly, increasing to 3,280.00 upon completion of the probationary period. Full-time CLEET certified peace officer applicants are required.
Application - https://www.wagonercountyso.org/plugins/show_image.php?id=132